Honda Civic Type R
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.
Cerca

Risultati per:

Rechercher Ricerca avanzata

Ultimi argomenti attivi
» Ecu Hondata Reflash e aspirazione Injen Cai - NUOVI
4th,5th,6th Gear Short Ratio EmptyMer Feb 20, 2019 1:20 pm Da aless_mugen

» pezzi per fn2
4th,5th,6th Gear Short Ratio EmptyGio Set 01, 2016 10:17 am Da VTEC 82

» [TO EP3] Kit Aria Condizionata originale e cambio con 70.ooo Km
4th,5th,6th Gear Short Ratio EmptyMar Giu 21, 2016 9:30 pm Da Lore90sgv

» Aria condizionata
4th,5th,6th Gear Short Ratio EmptyMer Mag 25, 2016 11:28 pm Da Benson86

» yokohama A006T
4th,5th,6th Gear Short Ratio EmptyVen Feb 26, 2016 1:40 am Da Gio-R

» SPOON N1 [FN2]
4th,5th,6th Gear Short Ratio EmptyVen Feb 26, 2016 1:25 am Da Gio-R

» cerco per civic IX
4th,5th,6th Gear Short Ratio EmptyDom Gen 17, 2016 12:52 am Da Nic

» Centralina fn2!
4th,5th,6th Gear Short Ratio EmptyMar Gen 12, 2016 1:41 am Da ale

» pinze 4 pompanti brembo 32 38 mm
4th,5th,6th Gear Short Ratio EmptySab Gen 02, 2016 12:09 am Da kadatiper

Navigazione
 Portale
 Forum
 Lista utenti
 Profilo
 FAQ
 Cerca
Statistiche
Abbiamo 473 membri registrati
L'ultimo utente registrato è RoyalMaloney20

I nostri utenti hanno pubblicato un totale di 49248 messaggi in 2298 argomenti
Mag 2024
LunMarMerGioVenSabDom

Calendario Calendario

Contatore
Mappa Utenti
Locations of visitors to this page

4th,5th,6th Gear Short Ratio

Andare in basso

4th,5th,6th Gear Short Ratio Empty 4th,5th,6th Gear Short Ratio

Messaggio  gasss_85 Mer Ott 12, 2011 2:00 am

The first thing that I want to say is: sorry, I don't speak italian, I am spanish so I understand very good the italian but I write in english as I think tat is easier to translate what I am writing with the google translate or webs like that. Sorry again and please, ask me with anyone don't understand something:

Hello,

I have been searching for a while for a good 4th, 5th & 6th gear, as I feel the 1st, 2nd & 3rd gear very good for daily use and sport/track use, but the 4th, 5th & 6th gear are too "long" to enjoy the car.

The most used thing is to buy the 4-5-6 JDM, which are a little bit shorter than the OEM ones, but it's not a very noticeable change.

Other option would be install other final drive. The bad point with the final drive is that it shorten all the gears, so the 1st and the 2nd gear will be very short and will only be usefull for driving around cities. To get a top speed of 220km/h or 230km/h we will need, at least, a 5.84 (it depends on the wheel size and rpm limit). This final drive will cause the transmision to get hotter.

I have found the Spoon FD2 kit: very good kit but... very expensive (£1260).
This is the Spoon kit:
4th,5th,6th Gear Short Ratio 23000-fd2-100_1

KDperformance offers the SAME kit than the Spoon kit but cheapier. It's the same kit, all build with OEM parts. It costs just 650€ (£569 VAT included)... I found this amazing!!! This offer is avaiable from now to the end of the year (then it seems that the price will increase).
Their kit will include: 4 gears, a few bearings and one "casquillo" (I am not sure how to say this in english... please take a look to the photo to see what is included.
They will also include a detailed instructions to install the kit, they assure that it could be installed by most of the mechanics, it's not a difficult work.
All the parts included in this kit are 100% Honda original (OEM), so the parts has Honda quality (not bad chinesse items).

This is the KDperformance kit:
4th,5th,6th Gear Short Ratio File

This is the result with the KDperformance kit (versus the OEM gears, with the OEM rev limiter settings):

and this is the results with the KDperformance kit (versus the OEM gears, with the Hondata rev limiter set to 8600rpm):

It seems that, with the KDperformance kit, the car will have a better gear setup, we will run at the best torque zone.
Take a look to the rev fall, it is much lower than with the original configuration. Very Happy
The "top speed" will be 230km/h (with the OEM rev limit) and about 240 km/h with the 8600rpm rev limit.

To give you an idea of the rpm at what are we going to run, the 6th gear of this kit will be the 5th gear of the OEM settings. Very Happy Wink

KDperformance could also provide other longer 6th gear if you want to have one gear longer for the motorways, for those who wants one gear for light use Razz etc. and it will be 170€ more. (650€ + 170€ if anyone wants the longer 6th gear).

I have been in touch with them for years, I bought them a lot of parts for my car and they work VERY WELL. I know that they will give a incredible good service.

Anyone who wants could contact with them, this is their email: info@kdperformance.com

I have been talking about this kit with KIKE.
This is their web: :: K&D PERFORMANCE :: it is not an online store, it's their web. They are the official distributors in Spain for 12tune, Tegiwa, TodaRacing , Alex Motorsport, AST, Quaife, Drenth, Sadev, Alcon, Z-speed, K-sport, Ikeya, Stoptech, Veilside, Rota, Gruppe M, Onhlis, Ralliart Japan... I say this to show you that their a great store in Spain, 100% reliable.
Tegiwa could talk you about KDperformance Wink

I think that I am going to buy this kit.
What do you think about this kit?

They are going to offer the full 1-2-3-4-5-6 gears for the FN2 and EP3 to give a full personal configuration to who wants a more radical setup or for who wants "just something different". Wink

gasss_85
Pivello
Pivello

Numero di messaggi : 2

Torna in alto Andare in basso

4th,5th,6th Gear Short Ratio Empty Re: 4th,5th,6th Gear Short Ratio

Messaggio  gasss_85 Mer Ott 12, 2011 2:15 am

sorry, the pics are very big.
Here is the kit:
4th,5th,6th Gear Short Ratio Kit456
4th,5th,6th Gear Short Ratio Kit4t

gasss_85